Report An Outage
Please perform the following steps when your power is out:
- Check to see if electricity is off over your entire premises.
- Check to see if there is power to your meter by physically walking out to your meter(s). If your meter has no digital display, then your power is out and you need to contact Price Electric Cooperative.
- If you have a circuit breaker system, check that the breaker is not tripped. Push handle to "Off" position before flipping it to the "Reset" position.
- Check if fuses are blown and that they are secured in the holder.
- Check with your neighbors to see if they have electricity. Knowing the extent of the outage will help find the reason faster. If the meter has a digital display, then you have power to the meter and the problem is within the consumer's electrical wiring and an electrician will need to be contacted to fix any problems on the consumer's side of the service.
- The Cooperative is allowed to perform service up to the meter. Any wires from the meter to your buildings belong to you and are your responsibility for their repair. In most instances when the damage is to your wires it is best to contact an electrician in your area.
- When you have determined that the outage is not on your wires, call the Cooperative and give the following information:
- Your name and the name of the person who is receiving service at the location. (Many times we will receive a call from someone other than the person whose name the service is in and it is impossible for us to locate the outage.)
- Your Price Electric account number. The account number is listed on the left side of your monthly billing invoice.
- Cause of the outage - if known. This will assist the crews in locating the problem and restoring the electricity.
To Report Outages
Call: 715-339-2155 or 1-800-884-0881
Please Note: A $100 fee will be assessed if a crew is dispatched and the outage is found to be on the member side of the service.