Commitment to Community Donation Program
Price Electric Cooperative is excited to announce the largest charitable giving program in our history! Through the “Commitment to Community” program, $140,000 will be donated to local charitable causes!
What are the qualifications for eligibility?
Funds will be awarded to charitable organizations that benefit the communities in Price Electric’s service area. Organizations that meet the Federated Youth Foundation’s criteria (listed below) may apply. One request per organization will be accepted. The donation request should be for a specific project or current need.
Organizations that meet the following qualifications are eligible to apply for FYF funds:
- Which relieve the poor, distressed, or underprivileged persons.
- Which advance science.
- Which are to erect public buildings for public works, or for the preservation of historical buildings.
- Which lessen the burdens of government, and tend to reduce taxation, such as for libraries, fire departments, parks, museums, historical markers and monuments.
- Which are designed to promote social welfare through activities of established agencies or organizations working toward the:
(1) elimination of prejudice or discrimination;
(2) defense of human or civil rights;
(3) combating of community deterioration and juvenile delinquency.
- Which are for the cure, or treatment of disease or for the promotion and preservation of health
- Which are for the armed services, for the rehabilitation of persons who have been in the armed services, or to assist disabled veterans or to care for them.
- Which are for the promotion of the welfare of the agricultural population, improvement of the conditions of rural life, or the solution of agricultural problems.
Where does the money for the donations come from?
Federated Youth Foundation funds come from returned capital credits that have gone unclaimed or have been donated to the Foundation by members. These funds can NOT be used by PEC for operational or capital expenditures and are used exclusively for scholarship and charitable donations that meet eligibility requirements set forth by the Foundation.
How can organizations apply for these funds?
Interested organizations may apply for funds by completing an application form (available here or at the PEC office in Phillips).
Who makes the selections?
An impartial three-person committee of PEC members (one from Districts 1-3, one from Districts 4-6, and one from Districts 7-9) will review the applications and provide recommendations to the Board of Directors as to which organizations should receive funds. The Board of Directors will review and approve the applications based on the committee’s recommendations. The requests will then be submitted to the Federated Youth Foundation, which will verify that all eligibility requirements have been met and release the funds.
When does the program start and how long will it last?
Applications will be available immediately and will be approved on a rolling basis until funds are depleted.
PEC values our local communities and is excited to have this opportunity to give back, putting into practice Cooperative Principle #7: Concern For Community!